A Mod Podge Experience


     A couple of days ago, my friend Paisley posted on her blog a tutorial on how to make a Mod Podge book cover. I immediately wanted to do it myself, and started to take my own pictures to prepare for my own tutorial so that all of you guys would know how if you do not read Paisley's blog. 

    Here are the first steps: You will need the following, Mod Podge, construction paper in whatever colors you want, a paint brush (was well when done) of course the book you want to do the project on, and if you want glitter/sequence.

    After you have all your needed materials, start by tearing your paper into small pieces. You can use large pieces or cut it into squares. It all depends on how you want your book to look.


    Next add Mod Podge to the cover of your book and start to stick your pieces of paper on top of the Mod Podge. You can do a different color on the spine of your book it you want, that's what I ended up doing.


    Once you have covered the front of the book and the spine with paper, add more Mod Podge to the top of the black spine to add my sequence. Then you just let it dry for a few minutes.

    Next step for if you are adding new design on cover: After you let the first layer dry, add more Mod Podge to a certain area of the cover. Then tear up your other color of paper and start to stick it onto the book in the design you want. 

    If you want to add glitter to your book, add your Mod Podge where you want it and just sprinkle the glitter on.
 
    Next step only for sequence: After that dries you are going to add more Mod Podge on top of the sequence so it will stick.


    It is going to seem like the sequence is just falling off, just keep spreading the glue around until you are satisfied. 

    In the end, is should look like this but in your own style and way of course:

    I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and I hope in inspires you to make your dingy old science books a little more interesting. Or just any book.

God Bless, Byii







Comments

  1. Cuuute! This does inspire me to mod podge some things. Remind me to teach you how I made wallets - it can be your next tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About My Book

The Fellowship (official document)

My Bestie!! 😍